Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 1 - Part 1

As it took me a bit to start this blog, I'll summarize what I've been up to this last week! I found a free-to-play game for the time being because I am a poor college student.

This is an MMO called 'Forsaken World'. I've never heard of it or it's other brothers and sisters, though the company seems to have quite a few free MMOs to play, seemingly making their money by offering glitzy armor and such you can purchase with real world gold!

My initial impression of Forsaken World was that it was Aion's 'special' little brother. At character creation I immediately recognized the art style. Some of the hairstyles seem to even be blatantly ripped off from Aion.


            Aion    ----------------------    Forsaken World

Ok, so maybe they're not exactly the same, but there's definitely a resemblance amirite? But that's not the only reason I'm referring to this as Aion's little brother. It's definitely a lesser version to be sure. Even in the character creation there's only very little customization. There's only about 6 hairstyles and face choices etc, as opposed to Aion's 1035532 bazillion choices. Aion wasn't much of a game other than the beautiful landscapes and flying though either I suppose. But Forsaken World doesn't even have that. Well, the landscapes are alright actually, but there's definitely no flying. But hey! It does have one thing above Aion! You can swim! And you don't drown! In fact, there isn't even a health bar or anything of the sort, so knock yourself out Josh! Just kidding. I'm sure he hasn't even heard of this game either. You're not missing much, but it does the job when you need to waste time.

Pros: Free, good way to waste a bit of time. Very interesting and pretty costume designs.
Cons: Female style options come in Skank or Skankier.

No comments:

Post a Comment